You may continue to edit your application until you submit it. After that you may view your application, but you may not edit it. Please email changes to [email protected].
In addition to basic information like your name, address, and UU congregation, you will need the following information:
- any years (as an adult) you have previously received a SUUSIship
- names of all people to be covered by your SUUSIship. Please ensure all of these people are part of your regular SUUSI registration.
- years of previous SUUSI and other UU related conferences you’ve attended
- the name, position and email address of someone in leadership at a UU congregation or organization (including SUUSI) that has agreed to serve as a Supportive Reference for your application. You can also provide and address and phone number to help us reach them if email doesn’t work
- an electronic or paper copy of the first page of your 1040 Federal Tax form (with the Social Security Number blanked out if you wish); you’ll need to enter your 2015 adjusted gross income in the application. You must send electronic copies or mail paper copies of your Tax forms to the SUUSIship coordinator. Contact information will be available in the application process.
- the amount you can provide to attend SUUSI
We would really prefer that you submit the application online, but if you really can’t/don’t want to do the online application, you can e-mail [email protected] to request a MS Word or pdf version. If you print and complete the application by hand, please scan and e-mail it to [email protected] or snail-mail it to the address below. Also, you can e-mail or snail-mail your tax return information as above.
2059 Hamilton Rd
Okemos, MI 48864
If you have any questions concerning the SUUSIship application, you may e-mail Rachel at [email protected]. If you wish to be considered in the first round of applications, it is important that your information reach Rachel by April 30, 2017 or be postmarked by that date. This will allow the SUUSIship committee to inform you of your award in time to get the lowest possible rate for attending SUUSI. If you submit an application after that but before July 9, 2017, it can still be considered for funding if there are still funds available.
If you receive a SUUSIship, the volunteer cooridinator will work with you to find the right volunteer opportunity for you. Those who receive SUUSIship awards are asked to provide up to 25 hours of volunteer work time in exchange for your award. The number of hours that you will be asked to work will be dependent upon size of your award, your age and the number of SUUSIships you have received. Paperwork concerning your acceptance of your SUUSIship and your commitment to volunteer will be sent to you as soon as you have been notified of your award.