SUUSI offers scholarships to individuals and families wishing who would otherwise be unable to attend without financial assistance. Funds that are offered through SUUSIships come mostly from donations by members of the SUUSI community and thus are limited to what’s been given. SUUSIship awards are based upon financial need and aim to help individuals and families bridge a financial gap so that they can participate in SUUSI activities. Those who receive SUUSIship awards are asked to provide a maximum of 10 hours of volunteer work time in exchange for your award.
To be considered in the first round of SUUSIship awards, applications must be received by April 18. All requests and applications are kept strictly confidential.
A SUUSIship application can be started at any time, but applicants are required to register for SUUSI before finishing their SUUSIship application. Be sure to include everyone in your SUUSI registration, who will be part of your SUUSIship application. When you reach the payment page, you will be given the option to pay with a SUUSIship. A link to the SUUSIship application will be available after that.
In addition to basic information like your name, address, and UU congregation, you will need the following information:
- any years (as an adult) you have previously received a SUUSIship
- names of all people to be covered by your SUUSIship. Please ensure all of these people are part of your regular SUUSI registration.
- years of previous SUUSI and other UU related conferences you’ve attended
- the name, position and email address of someone in leadership at a UU congregation or organization (including SUUSI) that has agreed to serve as a Supportive Reference for your application. You can also provide and address and phone number to help us reach them if email doesn’t work
- an electronic or paper copy of the first page of your 1040 Federal Tax form (with the Social Security Number blanked out if you wish); you’ll need to enter your 2012 adjusted gross income in the application. You must send electronic copies or mail paper copies of your Tax forms to the SUUSIship coordinator. Contact information will be available in the application process.
- the amount you can provide to attend SUUSI
13212 125th Avenue NE
Kirkland, WA 98034
If you receive a SUUSIship you will receive a listing of volunteer opportunities at SUUSI. Those who receive SUUSIship awards are asked to provide a maximum of 10 hours of volunteer work time in exchange for your award. The number of hours that you will be asked to work will be dependent upon the size of your award and your age. Paperwork concerning your acceptance of your SUUSIship and your commitment to volunteer will be sent to you as soon as you have been notified of your award.