What We Know About SUUSI 2021
SUUSI will be held from July 18-24, 2021, with the theme “Love Brings Us Together.” If you’d like to receive periodic updates about SUUSI 2021, please use the sign-up form at the bottom of our home page.
Fast Facts for Returning Participants
- The Board and Core Staff have not yet decided whether SUUSI 2021 will be virtual or in-person.
- Expect the catalog to come out around the beginning of March.
- If you don’t already have a SOLIS account, create one now. SOLIS is where you will manage all of your SUUSI information. Go to SOLIS now to create an account or register for SUUSI.
- Dates for registration will be forthcoming in the spring, when we have more information about how we’ll be gathering.
Detailed Info for Newcomers
So you’ve decided to come to SUUSI! We’re so happy to hear it.
The SUUSI catalog is released in early March each year. Online registration usually begins in mid-April and continues until June 23.
If those dates haven’t arrived yet, you might still find it helpful to look over the instructions below & review last year’s catalog. Or just poke around on the website and get a better idea of what SUUSI is like. Come back in the spring and we’ll get you signed up!
Planning Your SUUSI
Your first step in planning is to read the catalog. Since the 2021 catalog isn’t out yet, here’s the previous edition! The first part of the catalog provides general information about SUUSI’s programs and activities. Workshops, nature trips, and sports & games activities you may choose to sign up for are listed in the second part.
We don’t recommend picking an activity for every morning and afternoon session all week long – that works out to be way too exhausting for most people. Make sure you leave some down time in your schedule.
Our Newcomer Coordinator, Dianna MacPherson, would be delighted to talk with you about SUUSI and answer any questions you might have. Reach out to her at [email protected].
If you have children under 10, their mornings will be spent in age-based youth programming. Children 0-5 return to their same class in the afternoon, while 6-10 year-olds should pick afternoon workshops from the catalog. Of course you’re welcome to keep your children with you during any time segment! You might like to sign up for a family-friendly Nature trip or Sports & Games activity together. Young people in the Middler and Teen programs have activities in their own age track and do not need to sign up for workshops, although they may.
Special Programs to Get Connected
SUUSI is a large community, and sometimes newcomers feel a bit daunted by its size. We’d like to highlight some of the workshops which are specifically designed to help you meet folks or to understand how SUUSI works. You’ll learn more about these when the catalog comes out.
Newcomers often mention that nature trips, service projects, and multi-day workshops are also great ways to get to know people at SUUSI.
SUUSI uses an online registration system called SOLIS. Access SOLIS here and create an account. Follow the prompts to register for SUUSI 2021. If you are planning to attend SUUSI with other people in your family, start one registration and then add people to your “family group” in SOLIS.
Questions about the registration process? Contact our Registrar, Connie Moore, at [email protected].
We think SUUSI costs compare favorably with other week-long vacation options. Your SUUSI registration cost includes housing and food for the week, as well as many activities. If you can’t afford to attend SUUSI, however, you do have options:
- Apply to be on staff. SUUSI is an all-volunteer organization. Instead of being paid, our staff members work in exchange for a reduction in their registration and housing fees. You can work part-time or full-time at SUUSI.
- Apply for a SUUSIship. SUUSI offers scholarships to individuals and families who would otherwise not be able to afford to attend. You may apply for a SUUSIship through SOLIS when you register. If you know you will need a SUUSIship, it’s best to apply early, as funds are limited.